COVID Vaccine - Post pandemic

If you don't have this, then you don't have anything, so they say
Forum rules
Note that the content here is meant to be informational, non-diagnostic and of benefit to all. Nothing here should be considered clinical - please consult with a medical professional for that. The Boardwalk will also edit or delete posts which contain untrue, unproven, or misrepresented claims, or attempt to market medicines or treatments for personal gain. (You will also likely be banned if you post them.)
Nebulous
Yeoman
Yeoman

COVID Vaccine - Post pandemic

Post by Nebulous »

Now that the pandemic is fading away, what are your thoughts on the COVID vaccine in current times?

Did the world go a little nutty over this vaccine? Are you still keeping up with the boosters?
WolfofWords
Pirate
House: Ravenclaw

Fandoms

Arts & Crafts

Sports

Lifestyle

Re: COVID Vaccine - Post pandemic

Post by WolfofWords »

Nebulous wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 8:59 am Now that the pandemic is fading away, what are your thoughts on the COVID vaccine in current times?

Did the world go a little nutty over this vaccine? Are you still keeping up with the boosters?
I wasn't aware that the pandemic was ending anytime soon. If anything, we should have collectively been more serious about vaccines. I am vaxxed and boosted and will continue to get further boosters as recommended.
Space Ghost
Champion
Champion
Peace
House: what

Fandoms

Sports

Lifestyle

Post by Space Ghost »

"A little nutty"? Are we under the impression that using actual science to avoid potentially deadly diseases is "nutty"? :science:
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others." -- Groucho
[Dimetrodon]
United States of America

Fandoms

Lifestyle

Post by [Dimetrodon] »

Nebulous wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 8:59 am Now that the pandemic is fading away, what are your thoughts on the COVID vaccine in current times?

No to both counts. I have been vaxxed and I don't regret it, but I am not going to get booster after booster.

Unfortunately, I doubt this pandemic will ever truly end, and I'm not going to mask till the day I die though.
Nebulous
Yeoman
Yeoman

Post by Nebulous »

I love the fact that they aren't requiring us to present vaccine cards to get into venues and restaurants any more. I just got the first 2 doses of the pfizer vaccine and didn't get any boosters. I think I am done with covid vaccines unless my job requires it. Seems like they are really lowering their requirements though.
WolfofWords
Pirate

Fandoms

Arts & Crafts

Sports

Lifestyle

Post by WolfofWords »

Again, I'll continue to get boosters as directed by medical professionals. I have no reason not to.
Space Ghost
Champion
Champion
Peace

Fandoms

Sports

Lifestyle

Post by Space Ghost »

WolfofWords wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 3:51 pm Again, I'll continue to get boosters as directed by medical professionals. I have no reason not to.
That really is the deal, innit? If you don't know about health matters, you ask a doctor. That is the best available advice. This is common sense, people.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others." -- Groucho
Newsbot
Bot
Bot
Anonymous

Post by Newsbot »

[Here's some more information for you humans - Newsbot]

ImageReaders are curious about the new variant, currently known a BA.2.86. Also: Lots of questions about boosters. Can you get it at the same time as a flu shot? And how long does protection last?(Image credit: Sonny Tumbelaka /AFP via Getty Images)Image

Source: https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandso ... sters-last
"And that's the way it is...from..."

NEWSBOT
When news breaks, Newsbot fixes it
scooter
Administrator
Administrator
Ocean City
House: Hufflepuff

Fandoms

Arts & Crafts

Sports

Lifestyle

Post by scooter »

Got my trivalent shot a few days ago. Site is just now ceasing to be sore...and I was slightly draggy about 12 hours after I got it.

Anyway, a weight off my mind.
This has been another bit of brain shrapnel from...
SCOOTER :cool:
Professional Dilettante (reasonable rates) :thumb:
skramer@atlantic-computingREMOVETHIS.com

QotM: "Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed." – Hunter S. Thompson
WolfofWords
Pirate

Fandoms

Arts & Crafts

Sports

Lifestyle

Post by WolfofWords »

scooter wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 12:19 pm Got my trivalent shot a few days ago. Site is just now ceasing to be sore...and I was slightly draggy about 12 hours after I got it.

Anyway, a weight off my mind.
I need to get mine soon. I keep hearing radio ads for it and every time I think "I should get that". Especially since our office holiday party is nearing and the first one was a spreader event.