Merck antiviral pill vs. Coronavirus

If you don't have this, then you don't have anything, so they say
Forum rules
Note that the content here is meant to be informational, non-diagnostic and of benefit to all. Nothing here should be considered clinical - please consult with a medical professional for that. The Boardwalk will also edit or delete posts which contain untrue, unproven, or misrepresented claims, or attempt to market medicines or treatments for personal gain. (You will also likely be banned if you post them.)
scooter
Administrator
Administrator
Ocean City
House: Hufflepuff

Fandoms

Arts & Crafts

Sports

Lifestyle

Merck antiviral pill vs. Coronavirus

Post by scooter »

Some potential good news. :science:

With all things like this, it's most important to remember what it isn't, more than what it is. This is likely not the magical cure-all. It is also likely not part of the reptilian conspiracy to steal arr freed'mz. This is a bit of data, and it's at least encouraging; however, it's an interim analysis of a clinical trial. There's a lot more poking and prodding that needs to be done at this test result, but they've got some good preliminary data and a known background of antiviral performance (remdesivir was mentioned).

One of the good things about this forum, I said, patting myself firmly on the back :win:, is that we can stick a pin in this one and see what happens to it over the next few months. It might take that long, or longer, for this to resolve into something of immediate public health benefit. :geek:
This has been another bit of brain shrapnel from...
SCOOTER :cool:
Professional Dilettante (reasonable rates) :thumb:
skramer@atlantic-computingREMOVETHIS.com

QotM: "Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed." – Hunter S. Thompson
WolfofWords
Pirate
House: Ravenclaw

Fandoms

Arts & Crafts

Sports

Lifestyle

Re: Merck antiviral pill vs. Coronavirus

Post by WolfofWords »

Definitely sounds like another step in the right direction. I'll be watching this one for sure.