The McAfee/Rodgers/Kimmel/Williamson/ESPN/ABC Drama

Yay, sports! Do the thing! Get the points!
scooter
Administrator
Administrator
Ocean City
House: Hufflepuff

Fandoms

Arts & Crafts

Sports

Lifestyle

The McAfee/Rodgers/Kimmel/Williamson/ESPN/ABC Drama

Post by scooter »

Hoo, boy. This is an extended state visit from the Dramallama.

The most interesting bit is that this is a multiple-car collision that is in the process of happening, and all of the parties involved have a noted history of taking no bullshit and never backing down on anything. We've already had people saying "fuck you" at each other...the next phase will likely involve someone responding "Fuck me? Fuck you!" The question is, which one? Will Kimmel press the lawsuit? Will McAfee toss Rodgers off his "progrum"? Will Rodgers double-down on Kimmel? Will ESPN or ABC step in and make a decree - and will it be heeded? Tune in tomorrow!
This has been another bit of brain shrapnel from...
SCOOTER :cool:
Professional Dilettante (reasonable rates) :thumb:
skramer@atlantic-computingREMOVETHIS.com

QotM: "Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed." – Hunter S. Thompson
WolfofWords
Pirate
House: Ravenclaw

Fandoms

Arts & Crafts

Sports

Lifestyle

Re: The McAfee/Rodgers/Kimmel/Williamson/ESPN/ABC Drama

Post by WolfofWords »

What a strange feud. A lot of sparks flying based on the infamous list.
scooter
Administrator
Administrator
Ocean City
House: Hufflepuff

Fandoms

Arts & Crafts

Sports

Lifestyle

Re: The McAfee/Rodgers/Kimmel/Williamson/ESPN/ABC Drama

Post by scooter »

Cooler heads seem to have prevailed. Rodgers - according to some reports but don't yet quote me on this - contacted Kimmel on a back channel and all was put aside.

Two days ago, the Pat McAfee Show posted the following:
A lot of you are talking very wild about me and our progrum.. I assume you are very new to us.

We are a sports show that tries to inform folks of what’s going on and have a good time with good vibes… Everyday.

We do not bat 1000 but we feel as if we do make solid contact A LOT.. Our people found us because of that. We’re wildly lucky for the folks that enjoy taking mental vacations with us.. Monday-Friday.. 48 weeks a year. We take a lot of pride in making folks’ lives a little bit happier or better.

This past year with our show’s going to College towns on Fridays, I got to chat with a lot of folks that watch our show. I loved learning about them and then I would normally learn about how they started watching our show.. There was always a “buddy referral” story.. then there was the other stories about folks going thru some shit and we were there to hangout with them as they battled thru whatever they were going thru.. I haven’t polled our crowd but I’m rather certain that nobody’s wanting to come hangout with us to hear us talk about politics. I think it’s probably a massive reason for our success actually… so all of this has been a good reminder of what we’re good for, and who we’re good for. Some day, I’ll try and build up enough of a brain to dive into the politics world but that time is nowhere near now..

Also..
Our fans know that ART ends shortly after Aaron’s team’s season ends.. that’s how it’s been. He’ll make random surprise welcomed pop ins during big events or offseason adventures but, it’s always been a season thing. I never said he’ll never be on the show again. I hope he chooses to still chat with us. We’ve been lucky the last 4 years to ride the wave of a season with a 4X NFL MVP (2 of which during The ART Era) and get his thoughts along the way.. in real time.

I certainly don’t love that I’ve found myself in political wars and public beefs because of something that a guest has said on our show or something that my dumbass has said.. including a lawsuit that was VERY public.. but I think what I’ve come to realize is that it’s gonna come with the territory of this venture. We are much more aware of that now. And, for the good of our lives, happiness, and mana 🤙🏼.. we’re gonna try and avoid as many as possible.

I say all that to say this…I have a lot of pride in what the boys, our fans, and I have built. We found what we’re good for. There was a lot of different points during our journey that it could’ve ended or stopped or slowed down.. because of the entire team, we’ve kept rollin… I love them. I’m thankful for them… and we just want to talk shit about sports.

See you tomorrow.

Cheers
This has been another bit of brain shrapnel from...
SCOOTER :cool:
Professional Dilettante (reasonable rates) :thumb:
skramer@atlantic-computingREMOVETHIS.com

QotM: "Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed." – Hunter S. Thompson