Champion
Peace
House: what

Fandoms

Sports

Lifestyle

Pinephone

Post by Space Ghost »

I'll dispense with the coyness about this: anybody know about these? An explanation: it's basically the Linux phone...

Tech Republic wrote a review that was basically an extended whine. I mean, yes, this is for developers, they state it outright. This is Linux. If that is not you, why have a snit about it? This is like saying you didn't enjoy Star Trek because it wasn't down-to-earth enough for you. I'm looking for a review that shows more understanding about the product.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others." -- Groucho
scooter
Administrator
Administrator
Ocean City
House: Hufflepuff

Fandoms

Arts & Crafts

Sports

Lifestyle

Re: Pinephone

Post by scooter »

It is worth pointing out that if you buy this model, it will not come with an OS installed. You'll have to do that yourself. The trade-off in this is that the OS is free (in both the sense of free beer and free speech).
This has been another bit of brain shrapnel from...
SCOOTER :cool:
Professional Dilettante (reasonable rates) :thumb:
skramer@atlantic-computingREMOVETHIS.com

QotM: "Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed." – Hunter S. Thompson
Space Ghost
Champion
Champion
Peace

Fandoms

Sports

Lifestyle

Post by Space Ghost »

More on the Pinephone. I have to admit that this does not really look ready for prime time. And yes, you will need Gemini to read the review. gemini://tanelorn.city/~vidak/pinephone ... iew.gemini
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others." -- Groucho
Saturn
Klingon Empire

Post by Saturn »

Good, now I can install Virtualbox on it and have portable Windows XP

Speaking of Windows XP...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Not employed by or otherwise associated with Atlantic Computing Services.

Last.fm | 0xAB59A4BBF8AFF69C | Mastodon-compatible ActivityPub instance (Boardwalk members welcomed)

In everything you do here please remember there is a real person on the other side. Never assume malicious intent when a lack of knowledge will explain the situation.
Space Ghost
Champion
Champion
Peace

Fandoms

Sports

Lifestyle

Post by Space Ghost »

Still got the itch for this.

The Virtualbox idea is a hoot. I mean, hell, why stop there? Put Debian on it and develop for it on a Rasp Pi... :lol:
Space Ghost
Champion
Champion
Peace

Fandoms

Sports

Lifestyle

Post by Space Ghost »