Tapatalk

News and announcements about The Boardwalk
Atlantic
Captain
Captain
United States of America

Tapatalk

Post by Atlantic »

We've implemented a new feature on the Forums!

Several of you have tried to use the Forums on your phone. While this is possible, and works fine, there is one thing that doesn't happen: notifications. You can get notifications from the Forums to your email, or while you are on, but they simply won't pop up on your phone as you're going about your day.

In response, since no software exists that will handle this in phpBB (the forum's software), Atlantic has registered the Forums with Tapatalk, an online service which will allow access from your phone. You can then set notifications for any topic or post by subscribing to it or bookmarking it, and the notifications will appear on your phone through the Tapatalk service. The procedure for how to do all of this is now in the FAQ. And it remains free!

If you have any questions about how to use Tapatalk, or any other feature on the Atlantic Forums, you can post to the How Do I...? forum.
ATLANTIC COMPUTING SERVICES
Effective. Responsive. Inexpensive. That's Atlantic.
Atlantic
Captain
Captain
United States of America

Re: Tapatalk

Post by Atlantic »

Minor issue that we've discovered on Tapatalk: the use of quotation marks in some Tapatalk clients produces the "curly" style of quotes. As you can see in this sentence, the quotes I produced, because I am composing this on a desktop, are straight, which is the default encoding on these forums.

Curly quotes are non-standard and can cause difficulty in rendering other elements of your post - most notably URL links, which don't seem to work in the same post.

The reasons for this are not known. The only workaround we can offer is to double-check posts using quotes after posting them in Tapatalk, or separate links into a separate post.
ATLANTIC COMPUTING SERVICES
Effective. Responsive. Inexpensive. That's Atlantic.