Ocean City
House: Hufflepuff

Fandoms

Arts & Crafts

Sports

Lifestyle

XenForo

Post by scooter »

Well, the Christmas lights I had at the top of the page are now hidden by the banner...never mind that I had a larger banner last year and it didn't hide the lights.

Between things like that, the Prune Logs extension not working, and the general rudeness of the staff accounts at phpBB.com, I'm thinking of using a different forum software. The FP group seem to like XenForo, and one of the admins for FP runs a site which has nothing but XenForo add-ons and extensions. Anyone have any opinions on it?
This has been another bit of brain shrapnel from...
SCOOTER :cool:
Professional Dilettante (reasonable rates) :thumb:
skramer@atlantic-computingREMOVETHIS.com

QotM: "Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed." – Hunter S. Thompson
[Dimetrodon]
United States of America
House: what

Fandoms

Lifestyle

Re: XenForo

Post by [Dimetrodon] »

As I said before, I think you should attempt to improve the community before you leave it.
ZandraJoi
Commander
Commander
United States of America

Re: XenForo

Post by ZandraJoi »

I'm just curious since it's 2 years later how you feel about this topic now. While I don't believe in having too many bells & whistles, it's what an Admin wants for their forum that is important. I am not into tech so having more plug-ins just requires me to have more of a headache lol
As for Xenforo, while I haven't had that as a platform, it has good ratings & is highly popular so if you DID require assistance, it'd be easier to get the help you need.