Making new drinks

Rub-a-dub-dub, thanks for the grub. Commence shoveling!
WolfofWords
Pirate
House: Ravenclaw

Fandoms

Arts & Crafts

Sports

Lifestyle

Re: Making new drinks

Post by WolfofWords »

"You’re in Dundalk walking along Sollers Point when all of the sudden you see an old drunk get knocked over onto his back. The man lays on his back, his belly baking in the hot sun, beating his legs and arms trying to turn himself over, but he can’t, not without your help. But you’re not helping. Why is that?"
scooter
Administrator
Administrator
Ocean City
House: Hufflepuff

Fandoms

Arts & Crafts

Sports

Lifestyle

Post by scooter »

The post previous to the last was brought to you by a cocktail I found at Difford's called a Blade Runner. This is in fact not what Deckard drinks at Taffy's in the original movie (which appears to be mezcal), but something completely different and very, very tiki. This needs to be in a classic moai tiki mug with a pineapple flag wedged over the side (I just have a boozy cherry swimming around in there) and a gotdamn paper umbrella...
This has been another bit of brain shrapnel from...
SCOOTER :cool:
Professional Dilettante (reasonable rates) :thumb:
skramer@atlantic-computingREMOVETHIS.com

QotM: "Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed." – Hunter S. Thompson
scooter
Administrator
Administrator
Ocean City

Fandoms

Arts & Crafts

Sports

Lifestyle

Post by scooter »

WolfofWords wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:34 pm "You’re in Dundalk walking along Sollers Point when all of the sudden you see an old drunk get knocked over onto his back. The man lays on his back, his belly baking in the hot sun, beating his legs and arms trying to turn himself over, but he can’t, not without your help. But you’re not helping. Why is that?"
To be fair, that isn't unusual for Dundalk...

QotM: "Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed." – Hunter S. Thompson
scooter
Administrator
Administrator
Ocean City

Fandoms

Arts & Crafts

Sports

Lifestyle

Post by scooter »

scooter wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:41 pm And another one, from last night. Hadn't had one of these in ages...name that cocktail!

20200925_215633.jpg
Here is your hint:
1596626612795.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

scooter
Administrator
Administrator
Ocean City

Fandoms

Arts & Crafts

Sports

Lifestyle

Post by scooter »

Note to all who abide: San Pellegrino Limonata makes a damn fine mixer for gin.

As you were.

scooter
Administrator
Administrator
Ocean City

Fandoms

Arts & Crafts

Sports

Lifestyle

Post by scooter »

Currently enjoying an Entwistle's Error, which I haven't mixed nor drunk for, lo, these many moons.

Now clearly with a name like "Entwistle's Error" there is a good story behind this cocktail and yet I cannot find it for the life of me. The obvious source for the "error" would be an intended gin and tonic, except that poor Mr. Entwistle behind the bar got flustered and snagged the rum instead. There is nothing suggesting he was an American, so a lemon in the recipe makes sense -- our friends across the pond are "limeys" in every sense except their G&T's, for which they tend to go with lemon while Americans take lime. But still, this is all conjecture because, again, there's no backstory to be found, which is frustrusing. :x

I hereby charge the forumistas with finding out the secret history of "Entwistle's Error".

San Pellegrino, btw, has an interesting distinction in their tonics. They don't seem to sell just plain ol' tonics. (Kind of like when Suburban sold two different kinds of ginger ale. [/old]) You can get them flavored with "citrus" (don't suppose you could tell us which citrus you were talking about, Sparky?) or you can get an oaked tonic water, which is what I go for. I imagine that this is an artificial flavor, but it does bring a really interesting dimension to the mix. Kind of earthy and fuller-bodied. I'm a sucker for oak flavor anyway; I drink merlot and am not at all ashamed to say so, and of course I do enjoy my bourbon...Woodford Reserve has a "Double Oaked Expression" which I smuggled back from Kentucky in checked luggage in a tale for the ages which I will tell someday. You can get it here, though it is, well, expensive, but some time I'm going to treat myself.

WolfofWords
Pirate

Fandoms

Arts & Crafts

Sports

Lifestyle

Post by WolfofWords »

So, on Too Many Spirits amateur bartender Steven Lim created something called the Wicked Watcher. It was a Dark and Stormy with Tequila added.

This followed up the Beergarita, The Shanekiller (A Painkiller, really), the Slim Reaper (Spiked Matcha Latte with Oat Milk).
scooter
Administrator
Administrator
Ocean City

Fandoms

Arts & Crafts

Sports

Lifestyle

Post by scooter »

WolfofWords wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:05 pm So, on Too Many Spirits amateur bartender Steven Lim created something called the Wicked Watcher. It was a Dark and Stormy with Tequila added.

This followed up the Beergarita, The Shanekiller (A Painkiller, really), the Slim Reaper (Spiked Matcha Latte with Oat Milk).
They really need a bartender for that kind of work.

WolfofWords
Pirate

Fandoms

Arts & Crafts

Sports

Lifestyle

Post by WolfofWords »

Putting milk in the third drink of the night was a rookie mistake.
scooter
Administrator
Administrator
Ocean City

Fandoms

Arts & Crafts

Sports

Lifestyle

Post by scooter »

Hideous. :shock: Haven't seen that episode yet but hopefully it did not involve spewing. Not even a hangover burger will save you from that.