Making new drinks

Rub-a-dub-dub, thanks for the grub. Commence shoveling!
scooter
Administrator
Administrator
Ocean City
House: Hufflepuff

Fandoms

Arts & Crafts

Sports

Lifestyle

Re: Making new drinks

Post by scooter »

More Ryan Reynolds again...this time, the Vasectomy:

At least it's more balanced this time, though it's basically a fruity G&T.
This has been another bit of brain shrapnel from...
SCOOTER :cool:
Professional Dilettante (reasonable rates) :thumb:
skramer@atlantic-computingREMOVETHIS.com

QotM: "Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed." – Hunter S. Thompson
scooter
Administrator
Administrator
Ocean City

Fandoms

Arts & Crafts

Sports

Lifestyle

Post by scooter »

Going to stick a pin in this one for later: the Halekulani, which is a) tiki, of course; b) bourbon (what?); and c) on the list of the three best whiskey cocktails in the latest episode of How to Drink. :o

It calls for barrel-proof bourbon, which I have not messed with - for one because it's too expensive, and for another because there simply aren't a lot of recipes calling for it. Barrel-proof is generally sippin' whiskey.

1/2 oz. lime juice
1/2 oz. orange juice
1/2 oz. pineapple juice
1/4 oz. simple syrup
1.5 oz. barrel-proof bourbon
Angostura bitters (added along with the mix, or sprayed over at the end, or flamed onto the top after pouring :shock: , which is how it was done here)

Looks pretty wild. Good addition to any tiki night, I would think.

QotM: "Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed." – Hunter S. Thompson
scooter
Administrator
Administrator
Ocean City

Fandoms

Arts & Crafts

Sports

Lifestyle

Post by scooter »

Okay...I'd found a webcam showing a bar in the British Virgin Islands, which looked nice, and which got me into Painkillers.

The Painkiller was invented at this bar, the Soggy Dollar, and is associated with the BVI. Recipe for posterity:

2-4 parts of Pusser's Rum
4 parts pineapple juice
1 part cream of coconut
1 part orange juice
Shake and garnish with nutmeg

https://vimeo.com/405930170

WolfofWords
Pirate
House: Ravenclaw

Fandoms

Arts & Crafts

Sports

Lifestyle

Post by WolfofWords »

Starkiller Mule (a mocktail inspired by Star Wars)

1 part blood orange juice
1 part ginger beer (non-alcoholic)
1 part club soda
1/4 lime juice
Crushed ice
Mix together and serve in a copper mug.

She created quite a few found here: https://twitter.com/FierceOkatu/status/ ... 8990213121
Glitter
Graphics Team
Graphics Team
Valdemar

Fandoms

Arts & Crafts

Sports

Lifestyle

Post by Glitter »

Found this on tumblr just now and it seemed like the kind of experiment you would try .....

"heedra
i’ve mixed cranberry mikes harder and cucumber lime gatorade into a drink i like to call “the flavor” because like. you drink this shit and your tongue is like “there’s a taste here. you are experiencing a flavor” but when you go to open the door there’s no flavor there. it comes back with an undefined error in the flavor column. it’s the missingno of flavors. it so absolutely and definitely tastes like something and that thing is nothing.

anmorata
im going to make this brb

anmorata
okay so i found a gas station that had the stuff so i made it

diagnosis: it tastes?

musicspren
this post reminds me of that one time a coldstone employee i knew by the name of jacob fucked up the ratios or something on a watermelon yogurt sorbet and produced an ice cream that genuinely tasted like nothing. not bland not water but nothing - like, the texture was perfect, your mouth reacted as if it was slightly tangy like most sorbets, but you actually tasted nothing at all. and if you mixed it with something it didn’t taste like 100% the other flavor either, it tasted like 50% that flavor and 50% nothing. like a distinct and identifiable lack of taste. my brain trying to comprehend the total absence of flavor became so overwhelming that i quit ¾ of the way into one scoop. we called it the jacob’s special and every day i long for its return"
sir, that's my emotional support long haired male character
scooter
Administrator
Administrator
Ocean City

Fandoms

Arts & Crafts

Sports

Lifestyle

Post by scooter »

Glitter wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:59 pm Found this on tumblr just now and it seemed like the kind of experiment you would try .....

"heedra
i’ve mixed cranberry mikes harder and cucumber lime gatorade into a drink i like to call “the flavor” because like. you drink this shit and your tongue is like “there’s a taste here. you are experiencing a flavor” but when you go to open the door there’s no flavor there. it comes back with an undefined error in the flavor column. it’s the missingno of flavors. it so absolutely and definitely tastes like something and that thing is nothing.
I'm not sure I want this much zen in my bartending.

Really, though, if you are mixing Mike's Hard at all, much less with Gatorade, then a) you have issues beyond the capacity of your bartender to fix, :gettherapy: and b) the flavor you are getting is overwhelmingly non-naturally-occurring chemicals and your brain is likely editing the flavor out of your brain in a desperate attempt to save your small amount of remaining sanity. :cthulhu:

scooter
Administrator
Administrator
Ocean City

Fandoms

Arts & Crafts

Sports

Lifestyle

Post by scooter »

We now have yet another new drink! And I also want to show off my new bar glassware!

grassyknoll.jpg

First, the drink: this is definitely for @CrazyCraftLady as I'm not much of a fan of any of the ingredients singly. We were looking for a name that would celebrate Allan Sherman as tomorrow is Liverwurst Day - more on that in just a second - but here is the recipe:
1 shot (1 1/2 oz.) Prairie Gin
About 6 oz. Dr. Brown's Cel-Ray Soda
Garnish with two small sprigs of fresh dill.
The brands are important, here. Prairie is organic and has a very subtle, herbal flavor; there's basically no juniper flavor present. Dr. Brown's is the only soft drink company I know that does a celery soda.

The notes are very grassy, at least for me, which is why I came up with the Grassy Knoll - an obvious nod to the D&D Monster Manual. (Yeah, that's it.) It may end up a Sherman, or a Don't Buy the Liverwurst; we shall see.

As for the glassware, I saw these as shot glasses last month and put a pin down in my brainpan to revisit them and pick them up, and it turns out there were "highball" and "stemless wine" glasses as well, which are really straight-sided pint glasses and tumblers, which is what you see here. Very appropriate for tiki season, which is...*check watch*...now. :drink:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

scooter
Administrator
Administrator
Ocean City

Fandoms

Arts & Crafts

Sports

Lifestyle

Post by scooter »

I'm saving this episode here on the forum because Greg makes three tequila drinks (using the dreadful Chili's drinks as a guide...no kidding, he actually smuggles high-priced Thermoses into a chain restaurant so he can take them back to his bar and shoot an episode about them) and I don't usually drink tequila. However, MLW @KikisIslandLife does, and these look like something I might actually try - particularly the second one, where he attempts to make an El Presidente with tequila.

Has anybody used Citronge before? Any idea how it stacks up with, say, Cointreau or Grand Marnier?

WolfofWords
Pirate
House: Ravenclaw

Fandoms

Arts & Crafts

Sports

Lifestyle

Post by WolfofWords »

scooter
Administrator
Administrator
Ocean City

Fandoms

Arts & Crafts

Sports

Lifestyle

Post by scooter »