House: Hufflepuff

Fandoms

Arts & Crafts

Sports

Lifestyle

Re: Internet radio

Post by scooter »

Ooh, I like this.

They've got four channels: rock, mellow, eclectic/world music, and a general mix. Keep in mind the "general" one is still pretty eclectic - right now, they're playing Gogol Bordello, which should give you an idea. I'm on eclectic/world now; the last four have been Dusted, Benoit Pioulard, Loreena McKennitt, and, somewhat surprisingly, Enigma. Right before them was the Kora Jazz Trio, which sounded supercool. :cool:
This has been another bit of brain shrapnel from...
SCOOTER :cool:
Professional Dilettante (reasonable rates) :thumb:
skramer@atlantic-computingREMOVETHIS.com

QotM: "Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed." – Hunter S. Thompson
scooter
Administrator
Administrator
Ocean City

Fandoms

Arts & Crafts

Sports

Lifestyle

Post by scooter »

scooter wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:50 pm I use RadioSure to listen to Internet radio. I'd recommend it; it's got about 30,000 stations pre-programmed, and adding new feeds is pretty easy once you know the address (I did it when WYPR's HD feed changed address).

It's made by a Russian programmer, if that is of concern to you. (It actually seems to be to some bigoted dimbulbs I've dealt with on Twitter.)

My current faves list includes WYPR, WTMD, and WJZ locally; WKCR in New York, one of the Crooner Radio channels (Paris), 113FM (San Diego), Radio One (New Zealand), aNONradio (Seattle), Arctic Outpost AM1270 in Longyearbyen, Norway, Yacht Rock Miami (for those yacht rock moments), the Echoes of Bluemars channels for spacy beep-beep music...occasionally I'll dig into Radio Caprice (Moscow), Radio Art (Athens), or some such.
I've now programmed the Baltimore City and Howard County police scanners into RadioSure. Let me know if you want the feed addresses. :geek:

QotM: "Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed." – Hunter S. Thompson
scooter
Administrator
Administrator
Ocean City

Fandoms

Arts & Crafts

Sports

Lifestyle

Post by scooter »

scooter wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:33 pm
I've now programmed the Baltimore City and Howard County police scanners into RadioSure. Let me know if you want the feed addresses. :geek:
*sigh* Broadcastify apparently changes the feed address on a regular basis, so I can't program the thing with any regularity. Ridiculous. :x

Space Ghost
Champion
Champion
Peace
House: what

Fandoms

Sports

Lifestyle

Post by Space Ghost »

scooter wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:50 pm I use RadioSure to listen to Internet radio. I'd recommend it; it's got about 30,000 stations pre-programmed, and adding new feeds is pretty easy once you know the address (I did it when WYPR's HD feed changed address).

It's made by a Russian programmer, if that is of concern to you. (It actually seems to be to some bigoted dimbulbs I've dealt with on Twitter.)
Bigger concern: this now seems to be abandonware. A small user community is trying to keep it going, but I don't expect much.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others." -- Groucho