CrazyCraftLady
None of your business
House: Ravenclaw

Fandoms

Arts & Crafts

Lifestyle

Random Number Generator Horror Podcast No. 9

Post by CrazyCraftLady »

[mention]WolfofWords[/mention] , [mention]kaymegan[/mention] and [mention]KikisIslandLife[/mention] have you listened to Random Number Generator Horror Podcast No. 9?

It's presented by Cecil Baldwin and Geoffrey Craner of Welcome to Nightvale fame, and each week they review a horror movie from the point of view of a horror movie geek (Cecil) and a horror movie wimp (Geoffrey). At the end of each podcast they roll 2D6 to give them the subject and style of the next weeks movie, so week number 2 was a movie about a maniac which was critically acclaimed, so they did Psycho. (when a number on the table is rolled something else is swapped into the table). I've liked the episodes I've listened to so far a lot, mostly because I enjoy this creative team.

They run episodes every Tuesday. Tomorrow it's going to be "Tale of Tales". That movie is a hot mess, and 2 1/2 hours of my life I'll never get back. I mean it's beautiful, and disturbing, and the most disturbing part is how they hell they decided to spend that much money on that script.

I mean it. I might have nightmares tonight, and not about the giant flea.
‘Meow’ says the knitter. :twisted:
WolfofWords
Pirate

Fandoms

Arts & Crafts

Sports

Lifestyle

Re: Random Number Generator Horror Podcast No. 9

Post by WolfofWords »

I haven't caught that one yet but you can be sure that I will check it out very soon.
CrazyCraftLady
None of your business

Fandoms

Arts & Crafts

Lifestyle

Post by CrazyCraftLady »

Just watched "Cam", which combines tropes of disposable sex workers with evil internet. It succeeds in being pretty creepy, but there are some serious WTF moments. I can't help but wonder how many "I don't know how this hetero sex thing works" jokes Cecil will make about this one... wait... there's no actual sex in the movie.

It's just bizarre.
scooter
Administrator
Administrator
Ocean City
House: Hufflepuff

Fandoms

Arts & Crafts

Sports

Lifestyle

Post by scooter »

CrazyCraftLady wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 2:41 pm Just watched "Cam", which combines tropes of disposable sex workers with evil internet. It succeeds in being pretty creepy, but there are some serious WTF moments. I can't help but wonder how many "I don't know how this hetero sex thing works" jokes Cecil will make about this one... wait... there's no actual sex in the movie.

It's just bizarre.
Speaking o' which, I just saw a review for a previously-thought-lost 1965 short experimental film called Penis...apparently a very artistic mid-60s take on the gay/trans community, together with some imagery that gets Bergmanesque at times.
This has been another bit of brain shrapnel from...
SCOOTER :cool:
Professional Dilettante (reasonable rates) :thumb:
skramer@atlantic-computingREMOVETHIS.com

QotM: "Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed." – Hunter S. Thompson
WolfofWords
Pirate

Fandoms

Arts & Crafts

Sports

Lifestyle

Post by WolfofWords »

I started filling in the gaps of movies on their episode list that I haven't seen yet. I watched Dagon (2001). I mistakenly watched the wrong version of My Bloody Valentine (2009) but I had that on my list for quite a while anyway. I am currently watching My Bloody Valentine (1981) which is the version they reviewed. In the meantime, I can listen to a lot of episodes since I've seen a lot of their choices.
WolfofWords
Pirate

Fandoms

Arts & Crafts

Sports

Lifestyle

Post by WolfofWords »

I checked out the synopsis of Fresh. Not for me. I'm interested to hear the podcast on it, though.
CrazyCraftLady
None of your business

Fandoms

Arts & Crafts

Lifestyle

Post by CrazyCraftLady »

WolfofWords wrote:I checked out the synopsis of Fresh. Not for me. I'm interested to hear the podcast on it, though.
Yeah, I skipped that one too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
WolfofWords
Pirate

Fandoms

Arts & Crafts

Sports

Lifestyle

Post by WolfofWords »

I finally watched Madhouse (1981) as part of a trio of Giallo movies I'm watching this week. Very, very good but also wacky and fun.

Giallo is such an interesting subgenre of horror. It mixes a lot of slasher horror, some psychological horror, and a bit of mystery to create something very unique.

It's free on Tubi right now. I know @CrazyCraftLady has seen it.

CrazyCraftLady
None of your business

Fandoms

Arts & Crafts

Lifestyle

Post by CrazyCraftLady »

WolfofWords wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 4:56 pm I finally watched Madhouse (1981) as part of a trio of Giallo movies I'm watching this week. Very, very good but also wacky and fun.

Giallo is such an interesting subgenre of horror. It mixes a lot of slasher horror, some psychological horror, and a bit of mystery to create something very unique.

It's free on Tubi right now. I know @CrazyCraftLady has seen it.

Oh, yes. Seriously wacky.
WolfofWords
Pirate

Fandoms

Arts & Crafts

Sports

Lifestyle

Post by WolfofWords »

As entertainment while I was sitting in airports and on airplanes this past week, I downloaded a bunch of episodes of this podcast. I had dabbled a bit before but now I am truly in love. Their opinions tend to match up with mine. This is mostly because they are very positive and willing to have fun whether the movies are serious or campy. I am making my way through the back catalog. I am skipping episodes of movies I have not seen yet but I will go back when I do watch them.