National Scissoring Day 2022

This subforum has just been suplexed through the Spanish announcer's table! OLÉ!
WolfofWords
Pirate
House: Ravenclaw

Fandoms

Arts & Crafts

Sports

Lifestyle

National Scissoring Day 2022

Post by WolfofWords »

No, this isn't in the wrong section.

See, this is one of the things I love about professional wrestling. Something catches on and then snowballs and suddenly they announce National Scissoring Day. It actually makes sense if you look at the evolution of it.

1. The Acclaimed tag team ("Platinum" Max Caster and Anthony Bowen) used an upside-down piece sign (an "A") as their hand signal
2. As a joke, they started to put the two As together. The Acclaimed have always walked the line of risque humor. Max Caster's raps often mention supposedly taboo moments all of the time.
3. While Anthony Bowens was injured, the Acclaimed teamed up with the Gunn Club.
4. The Gunn Club is made up of Billy Gunn and his sons Colton and Austin. This makes Billy Gunn the father or "daddy".
5. Billy Gunn was known as "Bad Ass" Billy Gunn in the WWF which eventually evolved to "Mr. Ass" Billy Gunn.
6. The Acclaimed started to call Billy Gunn "Daddy Ass".
7. During that time, Billy Gunn and Anthony Bowen started doing the scissoring motion with Anthony Bowens shouting out "Scissor me, Daddy Ass!" Again, riding that line of what is and isn't appropriate on basic cable.
8. The crowd got a hold of it and it exploded.
9. The partnership between the Acclaimed and the Gunn Club fell apart. Eventually, the Acclaimed actually got Daddy Ass in the breakup of the two teams. Scissoring fans rejoice!
10. This happened on national television.

The thing is, I don't think people would care as much if not for two things: A) The Acclaimed are so good in the ring and B) They're so good on the mic. That insane charisma and "it factor" makes whatever they do get over with the crowd. It's hilarious.
WolfofWords
Pirate
House: Ravenclaw

Fandoms

Arts & Crafts

Sports

Lifestyle

Re: National Scissoring Day 2022

Post by WolfofWords »

I love that this bit continues to get out of control. I also love that of all segments last night, this is the one they showed Lamar Jackson in front of.