Rules of the Road Trip

Round, round, get around, I get around...
scooter
Administrator
Administrator
Ocean City
House: Hufflepuff

Fandoms

Arts & Crafts

Sports

Lifestyle

Rules of the Road Trip

Post by scooter »

We have some rules for these things. These are from The Internet, which as we all know is never wrong.

driver-shotgun-back-seat.jpg
This is very clearly serious business, as it seems to fly directly in the face of the ironclad rule of road trips established by Los Bros Winchester...

Seriousbidness.jpg
Further study has revealed that some net-dot-personalities differentiate between backseat (behind shotgun) and wingman (behind driver), giving the backseat snack duties, blind spot checking, and navigation. This is again serious business as it goes further against the natural order of things... :|
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
This has been another bit of brain shrapnel from...
SCOOTER :cool:
Professional Dilettante (reasonable rates) :thumb:
skramer@atlantic-computingREMOVETHIS.com

QotM: "Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed." – Hunter S. Thompson
Glitter
Graphics Team
Graphics Team
Valdemar

Fandoms

Arts & Crafts

Sports

Lifestyle

Re: Rules of the Road Trip

Post by Glitter »

This requires more thought, research and debate................ :redcard:

:loony: :dunno:
sir, that's my emotional support long haired male character
scooter
Administrator
Administrator
Ocean City

Fandoms

Arts & Crafts

Sports

Lifestyle

Post by scooter »

Indeed. Again, this is SRS BSNS.

Observe that Volkswagen is getting into it by differentiating positions in the back seat as well. This is extremely inspired.

07230A_i.jpg
We also now have a source which corroborates "shotgun is DJ", but adds a corollary to bring it in line with Winchester Rules and assist in the shutting of the cakehole. :-#

According to this interpretation, shotgun is also responsible for the driver's food - especially the finger food - and doing the driver's texts and Pokémon Go game. :thumb: You also have to let the back seat people out if it's a 2-door. :yes:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

QotM: "Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed." – Hunter S. Thompson
KikisIslandLife
Champion
Champion
Mardi Gras

Fandoms

Arts & Crafts

Sports

Lifestyle

Post by KikisIslandLife »

Just remember that this driver requires her music to sing while she drives. If that doesn't happen, she will fall asleep while driving.
scooter
Administrator
Administrator
Ocean City

Fandoms

Arts & Crafts

Sports

Lifestyle

Post by scooter »

The debate rages on. Further study has revealed the little-known caveat before the Winchester Rule of Automotive DJ Stylin', as seen here:

So it is a house rule, not a general one...

WolfofWords
Pirate
House: Ravenclaw

Fandoms

Arts & Crafts

Sports

Lifestyle

Post by WolfofWords »

Yeah, my rules aren't so aggressive. The passengers definitely have a say as to the music selection but I do have rarely used veto power. I generally don't need a navigator and will not ask if I know the passengers are not good with maps or phones. I do think that it is shotgun's job to help keep the driver awake unless you are driving in shifts through the night.
scooter
Administrator
Administrator
Ocean City

Fandoms

Arts & Crafts

Sports

Lifestyle

Post by scooter »

In yet more thorough scientific study, I have found a copy of Volkswagen's Backseat Driver's Manual for the 2006 Jetta. This one clearly gives the responsibility of DJ to shotgun. https://www.dropbox.com/s/gljeoacq6orup ... .zip?raw=1

No responsibilities listed here for "wingman" or "hump", the other backseat positions. I believe these may be non-canon heresies. :shock:

(Should be noted that Castiel is definitely on the hump for Los Bros Winchester, and does not pick the tuneage at any time. Nor does he take care of the other duties listed in the Manual.) :fail:

WolfofWords
Pirate
House: Ravenclaw

Fandoms

Arts & Crafts

Sports

Lifestyle

Post by WolfofWords »

The Winchesters are emotionally broken people (sorry but it's true) so there's no way I'm using them as a guideline for a road trip.
scooter
Administrator
Administrator
Ocean City

Fandoms

Arts & Crafts

Sports

Lifestyle

Post by scooter »

WolfofWords wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 9:42 pm The Winchesters are emotionally broken people (sorry but it's true) so there's no way I'm using them as a guideline for a road trip.
A good point. They come from a world of demons, cosmic horror, titanic metaphysical struggles with Biblical implications, and perpetual series renewal well beyond the point of plot expiry.