Old trains that run in my city

Round, round, get around, I get around...
Saturn
Klingon Empire

Old trains that run in my city

Post by Saturn »

My city (Melbourne, Australia) has 4 types of train, 3 of them being post 2000.

Well, there's also a type from the 1980s known as Comeng that they still run (it's probably the most common one too).

I love riding these but unfortunately it doesn't run on the line I'm on.

I doubt anyone even cares but I'll add an image of this.

You should see how good it is when they go at their max speed, feels like an adrenaline rush.

Sadly, retirement and scrapping of these have begun, so everyone in my city is getting images of their last years (it's either 2026 when new trains come or 2029).

They've had life extension refurbishments (stage 1,2 and 3), there are still two stage 1 comengs going around the city (gangway surfing is fun in these!)

Long live Comeng trains.

Exterior
F134_0323_11zon.jpg
Interior
EDI_Comeng_Interior.jpg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEhIKwB2q6k video of them departing
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Not employed by or otherwise associated with Atlantic Computing Services.

Last.fm | 0xAB59A4BBF8AFF69C | Mastodon-compatible ActivityPub instance (Boardwalk members welcomed)

In everything you do here please remember there is a real person on the other side. Never assume malicious intent when a lack of knowledge will explain the situation.
WolfofWords
Pirate
House: Ravenclaw

Fandoms

Arts & Crafts

Sports

Lifestyle

Re: Old trains that run in my city

Post by WolfofWords »

I love trains! The interior looks kind of like my city's (Baltimore) light rail cars and also New Jersey Transit cars.

I always like riding on trains even if there isn't a seat for me. (Which is how I know what gangway surfing is)
Saturn
Klingon Empire

Post by Saturn »

Nice!

I also forgot to mention that these have doors you slide open with a handle. It's fun as.

Last.fm | 0xAB59A4BBF8AFF69C | Mastodon-compatible ActivityPub instance (Boardwalk members welcomed)

In everything you do here please remember there is a real person on the other side. Never assume malicious intent when a lack of knowledge will explain the situation.
scooter
Administrator
Administrator
Ocean City
House: Hufflepuff

Fandoms

Arts & Crafts

Sports

Lifestyle

Post by scooter »

Also a railfan! And yeah, the interior there looks very similar to what you'd see on some of the older ones in D.C.
This has been another bit of brain shrapnel from...
SCOOTER :cool:
Professional Dilettante (reasonable rates) :thumb:
skramer@atlantic-computingREMOVETHIS.com

QotM: "Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed." – Hunter S. Thompson
Saturn
Klingon Empire

Post by Saturn »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3B4OW5uy7No

Also a video of riding one. The sound is nice.

Funny that this was coincidentally a video of the train's last service before being permanently withdrawn.